CNC Router bits for carbon fiber and fiberglass – Spektra™ Extreme Tool
Solid Carbide CNC Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Carbon Graphite & Carbon Fiber Panel
CNC Router bit for cutting not only carbon fiber and fiberglass but also other materials such as aluminum, brass, copper, MDF laminate, plastic, wood, veneered plywood.
All Spektra ™ Extreme Tools are coated with nACo, a micro-thin ceramic covering that protects the cutting edge from heat and prevents oxidation.
These industrial router bits combat abrasion heat and the breakdown of composites for clean, accurate cuts.
The covering guarantees an increase in the duration of 2 times compared to the uncoated ones.
The fitting shank diameter is 1/8 (3.17 mm) so to use it you need an ER Collet for tool diameters 1/8 (3.17 mm). You find them at this page: ER Collet
- Diameter (D) 3.17 mm (1/8″);
- Useful cutting height (B): 12 mm (1/2″);
- Shank (d): 3.17 mm (1/8″);
- Overall height (L): 50.8 mm (2″)
- Flutes: 10
Excellent for cutting:
- Carbon Fiber
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP)
- Carbon Graphite
- Composite Materials
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer – Plastic Materials (GFR)
- Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP)
- G10 = High-pressure fiberglass laminate, a kind of composite material
- G10 / FR-4 Glass Epoxy Composite Laminate Material
- G11 / FR-5 Glass Epoxy Composite Laminate Material
- Micarta® (Brand name for composites of linen, canvas, paper, fiberglass, carbon fiber, or other fabric in a thermosetting plastic.)
- Phenolic “Garolite” G-7
- Plastic PVC & Acrylic
- Thermoset Composites
- Thermosetting Plastics