ER Collet clamping systems
ER16, ER20, ER25, ER32 and ER40 collets for straight-shank tools
ER collet clamping systems are widely used in all machining sectors and extensively for straight-shank diamond tools.
The ‘ER’ numbers are loosely associated with the diameter of the interchangeable collets, measured in millimeters.
Er collet sizes
Our ER collects come in 5 different sizes:
- The ER16 Collet –> with dimensions of 17 x h.28 mm; available in diameters ranging from 3 mm to 10 mm
- The ER20 Collet –> with dimensions of 21 x h.31 mm; available in diameters ranging from 6 mm to 14 mm
- The ER25 Collet –> with dimensions of 26 x h.34 mm; available in diameters ranging from 6 mm to 20 mm
- The ER32 Collet –> with dimensions of 33 x h.40 mm; available in diameters ranging from 3 mm to 20 mm
- The ER40 Collet –> with dimensions of 41 x h.46 mm; available in diameters ranging from 3 mm to 30 mm
ER Collet clamping range (tool-shank diameter)
The ER Collet “diameter” refers to the diameter of the tool shank (tool-shank diameter) which the collet is designed to accommodate, which may vary from 3 mm up to 30 mm.
This is the diameter of the diamond tool that you can use (tool shank diameter)
ER collet features
- Made with hardened steel ground both internally and externally to guarantee greater precision
- Beveled corners to allow superior clamping of the collet and longer durations of the shanks and tools
- Tolerance as per DIN6499B to guarantee greater precision, a superior clamp and longer duration of the collet itself. The concentricity of the ultra-precise collet ER – DIN 6499/B is less than 0.005 mm.
- Each ER collet is available with the darkside treatment, a special corrosion-proof heat treatment at gives the collet a characteristic black color.
Darkside collets are therefore more rust resistant and have a longer life (“darkside” tools subjected to more than 400 hours of exposure to saline testing do not rust and for this reason, they are called: Rustproof. We also offer a standard treatment
- A fantastic Quality/Price ratio
Stone fabricators often use tools with a 6 mm or 10 mm cylindrical shank, therefore 6 mm and 10 mm diameter ER collets are those most commonly used.
Read more about the “CNC tool clamping systems“
stephen f. (verified owner) –
Did the job perfectly
Terry Smith (verified owner) –
Excellent quality wish the delivery time was shorter
Carl Nelson (verified owner) –
looking forward to seeing if there’s good holding capability and no rust.
bojan pavlin (verified owner) –