Diamond polycrystalline V-Groove Router Bit for CNC machine
This is a so-called “Single lip engraving router bit” with a Polycrystalline cutting edge.
Polycrystalline tools can be named also PCD (Synthetic Polycrystalline Diamond) tools and they are tools for working granite and hard material.
These granite engraving tools have 10 mm cylindrical shank and are holed, so they allow inner water flow.
Granite engraving tool cutting edges
- 30° granite engraving tool (the radius of the tip of this tool is 1 mm)
- 45° granite engraving tool
- 60° granite engraving tool
- 70° granite engraving tool
- 90° granite engraving tool
- 120° granite engraving tool
A Polycrystalline CNC engraving tool is often used by marble-carvers for engraving black-granite headstones, for granite tombstone writing, and for hard-stone monuments reliefs.
More about the PCD material
The performance and wear mechanisms of polycrystalline diamond (PCD) engraving tools have been investigated in a lot of tests in granite and hard natural stone. The experimental results indicate that PCD performance has a greater thermal wear resistance at high cutting speeds. Results show that the dominant wear mechanisms for PCD is abrasion wear but a Polycrystalline engraving tool in granite lasts up to 10 times longer than Widia router bit.
Suggested working parameters for the polycrystalline engraving bit on granite
- 7000/8000 rpm
- Feed rate 200/250 mm per minute
- Maximum depth 2 mm
- We recommend a ramp input
- We recommend both internal and external water