Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) Router Bits
Because of their harder cutting edge, the Polycrystalline Diamond tipped router bits are suitable for working hard materials such as granite and quartz.
The tool life of these PCD router bits is expected up to 15 times longer when compared with carbide (widia) tipped tooling. Saves times and money.
These granite engraving tools have 10 mm cylindrical shank and are holed, so they allow inner water flow.
Available engraving tool cutting edges
- 30° granite engraving tool (the radius of the tip of this tool is 1 mm)
- 45° granite engraving tool
- 60° granite engraving tool
- 70° granite engraving tool
- 90° granite engraving tool
- 120° granite engraving tool
A Polycrystalline CNC engraving tool is often used by granite fabricators for engraving black-granite headstones, for granite tombstone writing, and for hard-stone monuments reliefs.
More about the PCD material
The performance and wear mechanisms of polycrystalline diamond (PCD) engraving tools have been investigated in a lot of tests in granite and hard natural stone. The experimental results indicate that PCD performance has a greater thermal wear resistance at high cutting speeds. Results show that the dominant wear mechanisms for PCD is abrasion wear but a Polycrystalline engraving tool in granite lasts up to 10 times longer than Widia router bit.
Suggested working parameters for the polycrystalline engraving bit on granite
- 7000/8000 rpm;
- Feed rate 200/250 mm per minute;
- Max Pass depth 2 mm;
- Plunge rate (the rate at which the cutter is moved vertically into the material or during ramping moves): 50 mm/min – 20% of the feed rate;
- We recommend a ramp input;
- We recommend both internal and external water;