Polycrystalline-diamond-tipped bits for engraving granite, quartz, and Lava Stone
These are single-lipped polycrystalline diamond (PCD) bits which, due to their hardness, are used to engrave granite, quartz, and lava stone on CNC machines and CNC routers.
These polycrystalline tools are also known as synthetic polycrystalline diamond tools and are recommended for work on granite or similar hard materials.
Our PCD bits have a 10mm cylindrical shank and utilize through-tool-cooling (they have a borehole allowing water to pass through and cool the tool).
Stoneworkers and fabricators often use these PCD bits on CNC machines and routers to engrave black-granite headstones, letter tombstones, and to finish the bas reliefs of granite monuments or other hard stones.
Cutting angles available
- 30° granite engraving tool (with 1-mm round tip radius)
- 45° granite engraving tool
- 60° granite engraving tool
- 70° granite engraving tool
- 90° granite engraving tool
- 120° granite engraving tool
More about the PCD material
Numerous tests have been performed on granite and hard natural stones to investe the performance and wear of polycrystalline diamond (PCD) engraving tools. The results of these tests indicate that PCD tools have high wear resistance even at high cutting speeds. Results show that the dominant wear mechanisms for PCD tools is abrasive wear; nonetheless, the useful life of a Polycrystalline engraving tool is a least 10 times longer than carbide, if not more, saving time and money.
Recommended operating for polycrystalline engraving bit on granite
- 7000/8000 rpm
- Feed rate: 200/250 mm per minute
- Max plunge depth 2 mm
- Plunge rate (the rate at which the cutter is moved vertically into the material or during ramping moves): 50 mm/min – 20% of the feed rate
- We recommend ramp maneuvers for stone penetration
- We recommend both internal and external water
If you need to engrave soft materials, such as marble, we recommend lower cost carbide bits such as : Amastone engraving bits for Marble