Rubber liner compatible with the main flywheel Pellegrini DF2000 / DF2500
This rubber is used for the protection and for more grip of the wire in Pellegrini wire saw flywheels. (Compatible product).
- In the DF2000 wire saw the main flywheel diameter is 2000 mm, so the length of the rubber needed for every flywheel is 6,40 m (2,0 m x 3,14).
- In the DF2500 wire saw the main flywheel diameter is 2500 mm, so the length of the rubber needed for every flywheel is 7,85 m (2,5 m x 3,14).
The rubber is available in pieces of 6.50 meters (suitable for one Pellegrini DF2000 flywheel) and 8 meters (suitable for one Pellegrini DF2500 flywheel)
For different lengths please contact us.
Replacing the rubber band on the flywheels (from Pellegrini manual):
- Command the descent of the flywheels down to the lower limit switch.
- Turn the main switch (QSG1) to “0-OFF” and remove the key.
- Open the door that covers the flywheel and block it so that it cannot close accidentally.
- Use a flat-tip screwdriver to lift the rubber, starting from the gasket, and take it out by pulling it with your hands.
- Clean the groove of the flywheel using a steel brush.
- Begin to assemble the new rubber by pushing it all the way into the groove of the flywheel, leaving approximately 10 cm of the end out.
- Place the rubber on the groove of the flywheel without pulling it, and, using a large screwdriver or similar implement, push in a section of 10-15 cm every half meter; when you reach the end do NOT cut off the excess rubber.
- Push the rubber all the way into the groove, around the entire circumference of the flywheel.
- Cut off any excess rubber so that the two ends meet up perfectly, and glue them together with glue for rubber.
- Make sure that the two rubber flaps have been fitted perfectly into the groove around the entire circumference of the flywheel.
- Do not throw away the leftover piece of rubber, as it may be useful to adjust the joint, which may get wider with time.
- Close the door that covers the flywheel.
- Do not hammer or strike the flywheel violently for any reason whatsoever: it may bend and cause the machine to malfunction.
- The glue must only be used to join the two ends of the rubber, IT MUST NOT be used to glue the rubber to the flywheel.